Log in if you have an account
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Sketch The Junction Competition | Sept 9, 2023
ARTICULATIONS CALL TO ARTISTS
Come sketch the Junction on Saturday, September 9, 2023
Awards, giveaways and more!
Inviting people to sketch the Junction during the Junction neighbourhood’s annual Sidewalk Sale on Saturday, September 9, 2023. All participants are invited to participate in our ARTiculations Sketch the Junction Exhibition September 12-October 14,2023.
Online registration closes on September 8th. In store registration available September 9th.
Adult $25+hst until September 8th. $30+hst on September 9th.
Youth and Seniors (under 18 and over 64) $20+hst until September 8th. $25 on September 9th.
If this entry fee is a barrier for you to participate, please get in touch [email protected]
*Entry fees are non-refundable. Sorry, no exceptions. Please ensure you can participate on September 9th from 12 to 5 pm.
*registered participants will be given 20% off a purchase of a new sketchbook for use in the competition. This can be redeemed between August 29th to September 8th.
Jurors’ Choice Award
1st Place $150
2nd Place $100
3rd Place $150
Under 18 Award
$50 and Sketch Bundle Prize
People’s Choice Award
Votes counted October 14th
$50 ARTiculations Gift Card & 1 Etchr Sketchbook: A5 hot press
Jurors’ Choice & Under 18 Awards will be announced at 6:45pm as part of the
People’s Choice Award Votes will be counted and winners announced October 14th
Registration Package Pick Up
Registration package pick up and sign in opens on Saturday, September 9th at 11:15 am at ARTiculations. Your package includes your registration ID, a map of the Junction and a few goodies from us to keep you motivated. Check out is by 5 pm at ARTiculations.
Your sketch has taken place within our Sketch the Junction Competition boundaries. Map will be submitted to registered entries.
Quality of submission; execution of the piece, design, composition, and technique.
Creativity & Originality
Meet your Adjudicator: Isabel Santos
Isabel Santos is an urban sketcher who enjoys sketching historic buildings and city scenes. She has conducted workshops both online and in-person mostly for non-architects, artists who want to sketch buildings but are afraid to start. Aside from her involvement with the Urban Sketchers Toronto, she is part of the Urban Sketchers Org Membership Committee as the Regional Leader for North America. She mentors groups in the United States and Canada that wish to become Official Urban Sketchers Chapters.
Urban Sketchers Org (USk), is a global non-profit organization promoting drawing on location to show the world one drawing at a time.
Visit her Instagram account @Modellatura_art to see her work.
Rules and Guidelines
The competition takes place Saturday, September 9th from 12-5 pm. We will be promoting the event and participating artists to encourage the public to come and check out the action in person.
- Each sketch must be started and completed en plein air (outside) in the Junction on September 9th from 12 to 5 pm. We will provide a map showing boundaries upon registration.
- Help us promote you: submit one photo image of your in-progress sketching set-up by 5:00 pm on September 9th to [email protected]
- Submit one photo image of your finished work by September 9th
- Artist must provide their own materials.
- Artwork (sketchbooks or single pages) for the exhibition must be submitted no later than 5:30 pm on Saturday, September 9th.
- If you submit a sketchbook entry, it will be hung for exhibition open to one page spread only. Please choose and mark which page to exhibit prior to submitting sketchbook.
- Your artwork must identified with your name and contact information on the back, or inside your sketchbook.
- The Sketch the Junction Exhibition runs from September 12th to October 14th during open hours.
- None of the artwork submitted will be listed for sale.
- Pick-up of artwork is between October 17th to 21st, 2023
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review Sketch The Junction Competition | Sept 9, 2023