Log in if you have an account
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Do you want to work with us? We are hiring!
Part Time Weekend & Evening Sales Associate
(Retail Sales, Customer Service + Inventory Specialist)
ARTiculations Art Supply is looking for a new part time sales associate to join our small dedicated team of art material enthusiasts, artists and creatives. We are looking for someone for 8-10 hours per week in our Junction brick and mortar location.
Application deadline: Monday, September 26, 2022 *REVISED
Interviews: October 4-7, 2022 *REVISED
Start Date: Week of October 24, 2022 *REVISED
Starting Wage: $16.00/hr
Required shifts would be Saturdays and additional weekdays as needed, averaging 8-10 hours per week (Saturdays 4-6 hours between 11-5, and one weekday afternoon/evening 4 hour shift either 1-5 or 3-7). Potential for additional shifts around the holiday season, summertime and back to school.
What you will be doing in your role:
- Providing specialized customer service relating to the art materials we carry, and occasionally supporting our programming and events.
- Retail cashier responsibilities; ie accept payments and manage exchanges/store credits and online orders.
- Answering phone and email inquiries
- Pricing and stocking inventory as needed
- Preparing orders for in store pick up or shipping
- Cleaning and organizing the shop and inventory
- Occasional social media posts
You are someone with the following skills and characteristics:
- Are kind
- Enjoy working with the public and are customer service oriented
- An art material enthusiast….or an art material nerd….however you want to think of it
- Are punctual and show up for your shifts on time
- Are comfortable working unsupervised or with a team
- Have experience working in a retail environment
- Are comfortable using a Mac operating system and POS, eCom technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Are a confident speaker
- Have basic numeracy skills
- Have a background in Visual Arts and are dedicated to cultivating your practice
- Bonus points if you are a Tetris master. There is a decent amount of rearranging at different times of year.
This position requires a good deal of standing at the front cash, and bending to stock orders. All employees are occasionally required to unload skids, and lift and move 50lb boxes.
A little bit about us:
ARTiculations Art Supply is an independent art supply shop that was established in 2011 in the Junction neighbourhood of Toronto.
Our mission is to create meaningful connections between artists, their materials, and the creative process. In all aspects of what we do, we aim to foster a culture of care for creatives by acting as a support for one’s artistic practice.
ARTiculations is owned and operated by me, Heather Phillips, and my small (but mighty!) amazing team of ingenious, multi-tasking, energetic people who hold down the sales floor and provide top-notch customer service to each and every client in person, by phone, email or web order. My husband and 3yr old daughter also make regular appearances to lend a hand as needed. Basically, we all do a little bit of everything around here to make ARTiculations what it is.
This position has opened because one of our lovely long time team members is moving on to explore new horizons and has transitioned into an offsite occasional role.
Please email cover letter and resumes to [email protected] with the subject: PT Job Posting