Log in if you have an account
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
What comes in the box?
- 24 half pans with the colours: Pure White, Lemon Yellow, Just Yellow, Mighty Ochre, Llama Orange, Soft Orange, Simply Red, Rogue Red, Sweet Red, Pretty Pink, Royal Purple, Lime Green, Leaf Green, Emerald Green, Ocean Turquoise, Ultramarine Blue, Prussian Blue, Sky Blue, Cobalt Blue, Umber Brown, Brick Brown, Burnt Sienna, Dark Brown, Power Black;
- Half pans come inside a black metal box for easy carry;
- Swatching paper
- Durable outer box for safe packaging and delivery (plus, the box is so cool that you can use it for whatever you’d like!).
The following colours are included in the Student Watercolour Half Pan Set. The list reads as follows: Colour name / lightfastness level by the Blue Wool Scale / Colour Index Name / Transparency level.
- Pure White / 8 / PW6 / Opaque
- Lemon Yellow / 7 / PY3 / Semi-transparent
- Just Yellow / 8 / PY35 / Opaque
- Mighty Ochre / 8 / PY42 / Opaque
- Llama Orange / 8 / PY150 / Semi-opaque
- Soft Orange / 8 / PO20 / Opaque
- Simply Red / 8 / PR108 / Transparent
- Rogue Red / 6 / PR177 / Semi-opaque
- Sweet Red / 7 / PR123 / Transparent
- Pretty Pink / 7 / PV19 / Transparent
- Royal Purple / 7 / PV23 / Transparent
- Lime Green / 8 / PG36 + PY74 / Semi-transparent
- Leaf Green / 8 / PG17 / Transparent
- Emerald Green / 7 / PG7 / Transparent
- Ocean Turquoise / 5 / PY101 + PB17 / Transparent
- Ultramarine Blue / 8 / PB29 / Transparent
- Prussian Blue / 6 / PB27 / Semi-transparent
- Sky Blue / 7 / PB15.3 / Opaque
- Cobalt Blue / 8 / PB28 / Transparent
- Umber Brown / 8 / PR101 + PBr7 / Transparent
- Brick Brown / 8 / PR101 / Opaque
- Burnt Sienna / 8 / PBr7 / Transparent
- Dark Brown / 8 / PBr7 + PBk7 / Transparent
- Power Black / 8 / PBk7 / Opaque
What is Lightfastness?
Lightfastness is the ability a dye or pigment has to endure light and retain its original colour over time. To sum it up, the better the level, the more resistant the colour is to fading when exposed to sunlight. We conform to the Blue Wool Scale chart, which classifies lightfastness as 1 being very poor, and 8 being excellent. Etchr only have 5 and above.
What is the binding agent for the colours?
All Etchr's watercolours use Gum Arabic as the binding agent.
Why watercolour pans?
Etchr thought it was about time a brand took the guesswork out of paint selection to deliver simply the best student-grade watercolour paints directly to you.
Etchr spent over a year sourcing watercolours from all over the world. They then put every paint through countless rounds of rigorous testing by our panel of professional watercolourists and instructors.
Finally, they picked the best paints that would be priced in the ‘student-grade’ category and put together a set that achieves what they set out to do. These paints each exhibit the key characteristics that will help you develop as an artist: a wide variety of palette choices and transparency levels; great lightfastness, easy to mix with water, and pretty great level of pigmentation.
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review Etchr Watercolour - Student Series - 24 Half Pans