Log in if you have an account
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
NEW DATES Thursdays February 15 - March 7, 6:30-9:30pm
Beginner Acrylic Painting 1 with David Kaarsemaker
My aim is to help you develop your evolving painting language in a fun and accessible way and to come away from the class with some paintings that you are happy with. This course introduces students to a range of techniques through exercises designed to develop an understanding of underlying painting concepts such as tonal painting, colour theory, glazing, and visual depth. We will work from a range of subjects including photographs, direct observation, and collage.
*This class requires 4 participants to run.
Materials are not included, but ARTiculations students are offered a one time 20% off coupon that can be used towards your materials list! See Materials List Below
Materials for Students to Bring:
Bring what you have already to the first class and we can go from there. Here is what I recommend:
- Acrylic paint (Amsterdam makes a decent inexpensive paint and Holbein and Golden make better quality and slightly more expensive paints) in the following colours: Titanium white, Raw or Burnt Umber, Cadmium Red (or similar primary red), Cadmium yellow (or similar primary yellow), Ultramarine blue, Phthalo blue.
- Brushes of various sizes (Hogs hair or synthetic fibre). I prefer filbert tips (Heinz Jordan makes a good inexpensive hog hair brush).
- Supports: 4 canvas boards or canvas pad (16” x 20” or 12” x 16” or good sizes)
- Palette pad
- Acrylic medium (matte or gloss)
- cotton rags and a water container
Materials ARTiculations will provide
- Paper towel
- Painters Tape
- A Selection of additional materials / colours to test an try
Meet your Instructor
David Kaarsemaker received an MFA from the University of Ottawa and a BFA from Concordia University and was selected as a finalist in the 2017 RBC Painting Competition. Kaarsemaker teaches painting and drawing at the AGO and has taught in Ottawa at Algonquin College and the Ottawa School of Art, and in St John’s NL at the Rooms Provincial Gallery and the Anna Templeton Centre. His work is included in the collections of Global Affairs Canada, the City of Ottawa, the City of St John’s, The Rooms Provincial Art Gallery, and the Newfoundland Provincial Art Bank. His work can be seen at www.davidkaarsemaker.com
REGISTRATION POLICY in a nutshell
All ARTiculations workshops require advance registration, unless otherwise noted. In the event of insufficient enrolment, registrants will be notified prior to the workshop start date and a full refund will be given. No refunds/credits will be provided for withdrawal fewer than one week prior to the start of class. ARTiculations does not provide make-up classes or substitutions. This policy is subject to change without notice.
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review Beginner Acrylic Painting 1 (4wk)